Bath and Body Works is a major personal-care retailer offering products such as shower gels, soaps, lotions and candles incorporating natural ingredients for the health, beauty and well-being of customers. The company is a subsidiary of Limited Brands, Inc. and operates over 1,600 stores in the United States (they also operate stores in Canada, Eastern Europe and the Middle East). The size of the company in regards to retail employment opportunities is enormous and Bath and Body Works careers also offer many opportunities for an exciting corporate role too, with both avenues offering much potential for developing your career to seek promotion and the possible opportunity to work in an overseas location.
Bath and Body Works Online Job Application
A Bath and Body Works job application form is available online at the Bath and Body Works website for entry-level store job vacancies in any location in the United States. This form can be printed and submitted to a local store. You can make a Bath and Body Works application online for Retail Management and corporate Home Office opportunities from a link to the Limited Brands, Inc. website. It is also possible to apply online for jobs in Canada from the Bath and Body Works website. Vacant job roles on the website will display a summary description of the role and the required qualifications.
Download and print the Bath and Body Works Application here.
Minimum Age for Employment at Bath And Body Works
To be employed by Bath and Body Works in the United States you must be at least 18 years old. You will be requested to indicate if you are aged less than 18 years old in your Bath and Body Works employment application.
Bath and Body Works Hours of Operation
Bath and Body Works store hours of operation are typically 10 am to 9 pm from Monday to Saturday and on Sundays 11 am to 6 pm. The store hours mean that any application for Bath and Body Works employment in retail will require you to have flexible working hours.
Entry-Level Bath and Body Works Careers and Income
A Bath and Body Works application for an entry-level role such as a Sales Associate will generally be paid at least your applicable state’s minimum wage. Entry-level positions at Bath and Body Works stores should be listed on the Bath and Body Works application form as “Sales Associate” and will be either a full-time or part-time position. The job responsibilities for this entry-level position include customer service, sales and general store operations. All training required for entry-level positions will be provided by Bath and Body Works to ensure all staff can successfully complete daily tasks and provide excellent customer service.
Bath and Body Works Careers in Management
A Bath and Body Works online application for a management position opens the door to a challenging career with a great opportunity for ongoing development and promotion to senior roles. Bath and Body Works offers a competitive salary, incentives and training to develop and retain quality managers with an opportunity for career advancement to roles such as District Manager and other Home Office roles. With a Bath and Body Works application, your career in management may begin as an Assistant Manager, Co-Manager or Store Manager. A Bath and Body Works Store Manager will be required to work a variety of store hours and salary generally ranges from $30,000 to $70,000 plus applicable sales bonuses dependent on your role, experience and the local cost of living.
Basic Tips for Applying at Bath and Body Works
- To print a retail store form for an entry-level Bath and Body Works application, click on the “Employment” link at the bottom of the webpage and download the applicable PDF form. Complete the form and submit to your local store.
- From the same page, you can click on the link for Retail Management and Home Office jobs and then click on the “Career Opportunities” link from the Limited Brands, Inc. career website.
- Then select the category of career opportunity you are interested in such as “Store”, “Customer Care Centers”, “Finance”, “Marketing”, etc.
- Next, click on the applicable “Find Matching Jobs” link in the upper right of the webpage and search by brand and location to find an opportunity near you.
- Click on the suitable job listing to view a summary job description and then click on “Apply Now” to view a detailed description and click on “Apply Now” again.
- You will then be required to set up a user account that will include your contact information, employment history, education and resume to submit your Bath and Body Works application online form.
- Complete all the required information, submit the application and get ready to begin your new career with Bath and Body Works.
Advanced Tips for Applying at Bath and Body Works
If applying for a management position with your Bath and Body Works application, you will need to have suitable retail-based work experience and skills (including excellent sales and staff management skills for store management positions) along with applicable education and qualifications to meet the specific job requirements. To stand out from other candidates, your resume and cover letter should be presented in a professional format and highlight your work experience, skills, education and qualifications that best suit the applicable management role you are applying for.
Benefits at Bath and Body Works
A successful Bath and Body Works job application offers numerous benefits other than compensation and career development. There are a number of benefits provided to employees depending on their role and employment duration including health and wellness benefits (with medical, prescription drugs, dental and vision programs plus an FSA – Flexible Spending Account), life insurance, disability benefits (short- and long-term), an employee assistance plan (provided by a confidential counseling service), a 401(k) retirement plan (with a company match provided after one year), paid vacation and tuition reimbursement. In addition to these benefits, you also receive store discounts which increase with the duration of your employment.
Useful and Interesting Facts about Bath and Body Works
Before you attend your Bath and Body Works job interview, it will help you enormously if you go in prepared with knowledge of the company and are able to relay to interviewers how your skills and knowledge will match company requirements and be of benefit to the company straightaway. Carry out some internet research to find out as much as possible about Bath and Body Works. Some interesting facts include:
- Bath and Body Works was founded in 1990 in New Albany, Ohio.
- Bath and Body Works makes up more than 25% of the Limited Brands, Inc. annual sales of over $9 billion.
- The company places a lot of significance on environmental sustainability and has introduced waste reduction and recycling programs and works with the EPA to raise money for research in renewable energy.
- In 2008, the company expanded into Canada.
- In 2010, the first store in the Middle East opened in Kuwait.
Visit the Bath and Body Works career website.